Skip to main content

Uganda, Jinja

History and Ministries of the Jinja Mission

In 1993 three Sisters began missionary work in Jinja, a station in Uganda, at the northern shore of Lake Victoria. On July 11, 2009 the Sisters dedicated their new Convent. Jinja is a part of the Generalate District.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

St. Benedict's Center with a clinic and kindergarten was opened in 1996. 

 

 

 

The fertile land and moderate climatic conditions allow the sisters to maintain fruits and vegetable gardens, as well as some cattle. 

 

 

 

The Sisters own and administer St. Benedict's grade school with over 600 students.

 

< Ndanda Map and Photo Gallery                                                                        Map and Photo Gallery >

Facts about the Missionary Benedictine Sisters

  • Missionary Benedictine Sisters in the World

    1300

  • Number of Countries where our Sisters live

    16

  • Number of different Nationalities of our Sisters in Norfolk

    8

  • Years the Missionary Benedictine Sisters have been established

    135

© 2020 Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing- Immaculata Monastery and Spirituality Center

Powered by Firespring