The Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing
Fr. Andreas Amrhein, our founder, wanted to renew the idea of mission in the Benedictine tradition and to establish a community that would proclaim the kingdom of God among those people who have not yet heard the gospel. In 1885, he founded our Congregation in southern Germany which came to be known as "The Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing."
Further information: http://osbtutzing.org/MBS/who-history.htm
The Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Norfolk Priory belong to this international Congregation. The central administration is located in Rome, Italy.
Mother Maoro Sye was elected Mother General in October 2017. Sister Lumen Glory Dungca was elected as Vicaress General. The General Councillors are Sister Vania Toscano, Sister Regina Tesch and Sister Katharina Mtitu.
The Missionary Benedictine Sisters have 1300 Sisters located in 16 different countries worldwide.